Connect with us

Featured

11-Year Boy Wakes Up With Horrific Burns After Friend Pours Boiling Hot Water On Him

Published

on

11-Year Boy Wakes Up With Horrific Burns After Friend Pours Boiling Hot Water On Him

The hot water challenge, as it is popularly known on the internet, is a ‘game’ that should be stopped immediately  as it is leaving horrific affects where its tried. There are still a number of clips on Youtube of people playing the game, where the players challenge each other regarding who can take the boiling water on their skin or actually drink it!

Sadly, the craze has now spread to young children. Last week, while at a sleepover, an 11-year-old boy from Kentucky was left with horrific burns after his friends poured boiling water on him. The boy identified as Billy Oliver suffered second and third-degree burns, according to WYMT. He is currently undergoing treatment at the Cincinnati Burn Center.

Billy Oliver suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns after a friend decided to pour boiling water over him during a sleepover as part of a Hot Water Challenge game sweeping the internet

Billy Oliver suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns after a friend decided to pour boiling water over him during a sleepover as part of a Hot Water Challenge game sweeping the internet

”When I first heard about it I was amazed. I mean, I am familiar with various things that people do that aren’t very wise. To burn someone is to inflict such incredible pain and suffering on them and I don’t think that is the intent.”  Dr. Susan Pollack, pediatrician at Kentucky Children’s Hospital said.

Billy had gone to bed early before his friends, only to be shocked awake with immense pain when they poured the boiling water on him. ”On a one, well on a zero to ten scale how bad it hurt, it was a ten,” Billy told WYMT.

Billy further revealed that the challenge involved either ingesting boiling water or throwing it at someone else.

Read Also: Sleeping Girl Scalded by Boiling Water Makes an Incredible Recovery.

Billy’s sister Emily shared scary photos of her brother on Facebook to warn others about the dangerous new game. ”This is no joke if you are a parent please talk to your kids about this challenge my brother is in Cincinnati Children’s Hospital because of this and has to have surgery this challenge is not a game it’s dangerous,” she wrote.

According to The Metro, Angela Guth, the mother of Billy’s friend, didn’t take Billy to hospital after the incident. She now faces charges for second-degree criminal abuse and first-degree wanton endangerment.

2 years ago, 10 year old Wesley Smith from North Carolina spent several weeks undergoing surgery in the Winston Salem Burn Center after he and his step-brother attempted the Hot Water Challenge. His burns, WBTV reports, were scalding.

An 8 year old Ki’ari Pope from Boynton Beach, Florida, tragically died two years ago due to complications after drinking boiling water through a straw. Ki’ari’s cousin had dared her to perform this hazardous act to re-enact a YouTube video they’d seen on the hot water challenge, the Palm Beach Post reports.

Jamoneisha Merritt, an 11 year old from the Bronx, New York, was admitted to Harlem Hospital with second-degree burns to her face, neck, shoulders and chest, NY1 reports. The girl’s 12 year old friend had poured boiling water on her during a sleepover.

This is certainly a very dangerous game with the potential to cause severe and even life-threatening burns and parents need to be on high alert.

Please remember to share this article to spread awareness of this dangerous trend.

Advertisement
Click to comment