Having a running nose, spiking fever, body aches and all the other awful symptoms that come with the flu can not only leave you uncomfortable, they can also force you to stay away from work, school or other important events. Fortunately, there are some precautions you can take to minimize your chances of getting the flu.
1.Get a Flu Shot
One of the most effective ways to minimize your chances of getting the flu is to get a flu shot at the start of flu season. Flu season starts in November and lasts up to around March. While it is advisable for everyone above 6 months old to get the shot, it is especially important for children and old people.
2.Wipe Down Handles, Including Doorknobs and Drawers
You should wipe down door knobs, cabinet handles and range knobs at least every other day and daily if someone in your home is sick with the flu.
Researchers report that probiotics found in yogurt help fight the flu and upper respiratory tract infections. Yogurt containing dark berries, like blueberries, helps strengthen your immune system.
4.Wash Your Hands, Including Your Thumbs
Make sure not to forget to wash your thumbs when washing your hands. Thumbs are a part of the human body that are exposed to the most germs as they touch your phone screen, open doors, car doors, Tv remotes etc.
5.Do Not Take Your Phone Into the Bathroom
Avoid taking your phone with you into the bathroom. Bathrooms are notorious for harboring germs, which can get on your phone and eventually make their way to you when you next use your phone.
6.Keep Backpacks and Purses Off of the Floor
Avoid dropping backpacks and purses on the floor especially in public places like restaurants and schools as they can easily pick up germs.
7.Avoid Eating Lunch at Your Desk
Your desk is considered 100 times dirtier than a toilet seat. If you must eat at your desk, make sure to disinfect the area but the best option would be to just have your meals in the break room.
8.Remove Your Shoes
Leave shoes at the door when you get home to keep you from tracking germs throughout of the rest of your home.
9.Keep Toothbrushes Separated
Keep toothbrushes covered or at least away from each other, especially if someone in the house is sick, as keeping your toothbrush in close proximity to another person’s toothbrush in your home can expose you to germs they come into contact with.
7-year-old left with blisters and burns after getting henna tattoo on vacation
No matter how hard parents try, sometimes it’s hard to keep their children out of harm’s way. Even though there’s nothing they can do to prevent their suffering, they still feel it more so than their own. Now imagine how much it hurts when the parent has unintentionally caused the pain, either by mistake or lack of knowledge.
One 7-year-old girl from United Kingdom may be scarred for the rest of her life after her father allowed her to get a black henna tattoo while on holiday in Egypt.
It all started when the mother of the family, 43-year-old Sylvia Gulliver had a gall bladder infection and was rushed to the hospital. Sylvia spent two days in the hospital and her young kids were on their best behavior.
Martins, their father, decided to reward his kids for behaving well while their mother was in hospital. He told the kids they could have a treat of their choice. Madison decided to get a black henna tattoo like the ones she had seen on other tourists.
With permission from her dad she had her hands tattoted at the hotel where the family was staying. Madison’s brother also got a henna tattoo but washed it off after experiencing irritation.
7-year-old Madison kept her tattoo only to feel it itching upon the family’s return home.
It wasn’t long before the itching worsened causing a series of blisters. The irritation was caused by paraphenylenediamine (PPD), a chemical within the tattoo.
Things got pretty bad that she had to be taken to a specialist burns unit in hospital. She has since been left with scars that could remain for life.
— Daily Express (@Daily_Express) August 16, 2017
“She is potentially scarred for life after getting a black henna tattoo,” said Martins, as per the Daily Mail.
“The tattoo was done in the hotel’s salon and they claim it’s not the henna and that it’s my daughter’s skin. She has blisters from her finger to her elbow and is in so much pain. We were entirely unaware of the dangers and I think they should warn of this in the brochures.
“I think it’s partly my fault because I didn’t know about it, but also the fault of the salon because they are using dangerous chemicals on children. We would have thought that the travel agents would have had concerns about this.
“We want to get the message out to other people.”
Poor little Madison was referred a scar management unit and will have to wear a pressure bandage for at least six months to limit the damage.
Walmart Shopper Filmed Gargling Mouthwash, Spitting It Into Bottle And Putting It Back On Shelf
Just last week, the internet went wild with fury when a video surfaced showing a woman licking tubs of ice cream and putting them back on the shelves for other shoppers to buy. Following the order, police issued a statement revealing they had identified the culprit in question. According to CBS News, if the woman is convicted she would be facing a second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product, and could face between two and 22 years in prison.
Now, yet another new video has hit the web. This time, it shows a Walmart shopper gargling mouthwash before spitting it back into the bottle and putting it back on the shelf.
In the video clip, ‘Bameron Nicole Smith’ can be heard saying, “Girl, it has been one musty f**king morning.” The woman then swills the mouthwash in her mouth, then exclaims, “Mmm, nice and minty and fresh. Thank you guys.”
The original video was uploaded to Twitter on July 5 captioned, “You b**ches with no oral hygiene could take a hint.”
The clip quickly went viral and evoked a storm of backlash from viewers all over the world.
Talking to the MailOnline Walmart released a statement saying, “We are investigating this incident. If someone tampers with a product and leaves it on the shelf, we will work with law enforcement to identify and prosecute those found responsible to the fullest extent of the law.”
you bitches with no oral hygiene could take a hint pic.twitter.com/IaMOC1caid
— Bameron Nicole Smith (@bameronkaii) July 3, 2019
Later on, Smith posted another tweet in which she can be seen holding up a receipt from the store – implying that she did buy the mouthwash she gargled after filming the video.
Hopefully, the truth comes out and the proper steps taken to ensure this new distasteful trend.
Don’t you agree?
Kid was taken to ER – Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.
Watching movies while eating popcorn can be a fun and interesting way of treating yourself during the weekend. But for this lovely family from Colorado, it turned out to be a nightmare of their life.
Nicole and Jake Goddard were enjoying their weekend night watching Mrs. Doubtfire when their youngest child, Nash, started chocking. His father did a Heimlich maneuver and luckily he was able to take a breath.
His family believed he was chocking because of the popcorn stuck on his throat which he eventually swallowed.
“We knew he was breathing, we did not see anything come out so we assumed he’d just swallowed it,” Nicole said to Fox News.
A few hours later Nash developed problems with his breathing. His parents believed it was because their two daughters had lately been sick and he may have caught it from them.
But things got worse and they didn’t realize it until they called the pediatrician who advised to take him to the ER.
After the incident, Nicole posted on her Facebook to warn other parents.
“He (Nash) had a fever, so I gave him Motrin and put him to bed. A very long night with him and then his breathing looked a little labored to me and he just didn’t feel good. I called my pediatrician immediately and said Nash needs to be seen ASAP. At 6 pm they put Nash under and performed the procedure (a Bronchoscopy).
I paced and cried the entire time my little man was in surgery…He had aspirated popcorn into his lungs when he choked. The body recognized it as a foreign object and put puss pockets around it. All the inflammation caused him to develop pneumonia in his left lung.”
According to Nicole, 6 pieces of popcorn were taken out of Nasha’s lungs and due to high inflammation they had to repeat the process two days later to check if they had removed it all.
She was also told that popcorn should not be given to children under five.
“I got a lecture of course on how popcorn isn’t supposed to be given to anyone under 5. I hate to use the excuse he’s our third child so I overlook and don’t pay as close attention to the do’s and don’ts as we did with our first,” she stated.
In order to warn other parents of the risks that come with giving little kids popcorns, Nicole shared a post on her Facebook that has since been shared over 140,000 times.
In order to forewarn other parents of the risks of giving popcorn to little children, Nicole shared a post on her Facebook. It has been shared 140.000 times.