Connect with us

Featured

Boy, 6, Almost Loses His Tongue After Getting It Stuck In A Water Bottle

Published

on

Boy, 6, Almost Loses His Tongue After Getting It Stuck In A Water Bottle

Clare, a 33 year old mom, from Lancaster, England is issuing a warning after her son needed emergency surgery to save his life, all because of a simple plastic water bottle.

Riley Woof’s tongue got stuck in the bottle and began to swell. By the time his mom rushed him to the hospital, doctors informed her that little Riley might even die.

Riley had been visiting his grandmother before the horrific incident occurred. Speaking to Metro, Clare explained, “She made him a drink and a packet of crisps for football. She feels guilty now, but it wasn’t her fault at all.

By the time his mom rushed him to the hospital, doctors informed her that little Riley might even die.

By the time his mom rushed him to the hospital, doctors informed her that little Riley might even die.

“I heard a mumble and he started saying ‘mum! mum! I’ve got my tongue stuck!’ I thought it wasn’t anything major and we pulled over. I thought I’d get it out easily. I tried to undo the bottle top and see if we could get it free like that, but we couldn’t.

“Riley was shouting “ring an ambulance!” All this time we didn’t think he was in danger, we felt a bit silly going into the hospital.”

Read Also: 6-Year-Old Boy Goes Viral After Saluting Military Men At Airport

However, at the hospital, the gravity of Riley’s predicament was brought to light. “We went in to A&E and a nurse couldn’t loosen it either. Riley was really upset and screaming. A doctor managed to get the bottle off, then it was just the lid stuck on his tongue. That was when it became frightening.” Clare recalled.

A while later, doctors were finally able to cut the bottle off, but the lid remained stuck.  Doctors also noticed there was a spout going down the back of Riley’s tongue and opted to call in a specialist.

Seeing as the bottle was in the way, doctors were unable to get any tubes down his throat and a general anesthetic was out of the question.

Doctors feared that he could stop breathing any minute and suffer cardiac arrest. “The surgeons said, ‘This is really serious. We need to warn you he could die.’ I thought how on earth could this happen from a water bottle? I was with my mum and we were just distraught.” Clare said.

Thankfully, a team of 10 doctors were able to finally remove the lid while Riley was under sedation.

Riley is getting better now but doctors say he may need further surgeries. “I don’t think he realised the severity of it. He’s enjoying running around the garden like nothing’s happened.” Clare revealed.

God loves you Riley. We are sending warm wishes and prayers your way.

Remember to share this story widely to spread Clare’s warning about bottles and bottle caps. It could save someone’s life.

Advertisement
Click to comment