Dan Royals posted a shocking picture of his blistered and peeling tongue, to warn people of the dangers of downing energy drinks.
According to Dan Royals, the doctors told him taking six energy drinks ‘ate away’ at his tongue, leaving it blistered and peeling
In a post on Facebook, Dan revealed that he would regularly drink five or six cans a day – with one can containing up to 58g of sugar!
He wrote, “Who drinks energy drinks? Addicted to them? You may want to think again. That’s what that s*** does to your tongue, imagine what it’s like on your internals.
“Up until recently when this started to occur, I was drinking at least 5-6 a day (lack of energy teaching kids usually) and I brush daily, went to the doctor and boom!
“Found out it’s the chemicals in these drinks that are causing it… it literally eats away at your tongue.”
“So be wary guys.”
Dan who is an Australian living in Asia, said he is a smoker, but added that his doctor made it clear that the damage on his tongue was down to his energy drink addiction.
Experts always warn of the dangers of drinking too many energy drinks. Research shows how sugar and acid, often found in the drinks, can be extremely harmful to our tongue and teeth.
Typically drinks like Red Bull and Monster contain 80mg of caffeine per 100ml – roughly the same as three cans of Coke or a cup of instant coffee, the Food Standards Agency states.
A study by world health organization researchers states: “A study in the US showed that dental cavities can result from the acidic pH and high-sugar content of products such as energy drinks. Another study showed that consumption of energy drinks can cause erosion and smear layer removal in the teeth, leading to cervical dentin hypersensitivity.”
According to WHO, the dangers of energy drinks include, caffeine overdose, poor dental health, type 2 diabetes, late miscarriages, low birth weight and stillbirths in pregnant women, obesity, cardiovascular and neurological problems in young people.
In November last year a study showed just one energy drink is enough to cause heart problems. Another Canadian study found that energy drinks could trigger nasty side effects like heart problems and seizures in half of kids.
Remember to share this article to help forewarn others.
Walmart Shopper Filmed Gargling Mouthwash, Spitting It Into Bottle And Putting It Back On Shelf
Just last week, the internet went wild with fury when a video surfaced showing a woman licking tubs of ice cream and putting them back on the shelves for other shoppers to buy. Following the order, police issued a statement revealing they had identified the culprit in question. According to CBS News, if the woman is convicted she would be facing a second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product, and could face between two and 22 years in prison.
Now, yet another new video has hit the web. This time, it shows a Walmart shopper gargling mouthwash before spitting it back into the bottle and putting it back on the shelf.
In the video clip, ‘Bameron Nicole Smith’ can be heard saying, “Girl, it has been one musty f**king morning.” The woman then swills the mouthwash in her mouth, then exclaims, “Mmm, nice and minty and fresh. Thank you guys.”
The original video was uploaded to Twitter on July 5 captioned, “You b**ches with no oral hygiene could take a hint.”
The clip quickly went viral and evoked a storm of backlash from viewers all over the world.
Talking to the MailOnline Walmart released a statement saying, “We are investigating this incident. If someone tampers with a product and leaves it on the shelf, we will work with law enforcement to identify and prosecute those found responsible to the fullest extent of the law.”
you bitches with no oral hygiene could take a hint pic.twitter.com/IaMOC1caid
— Bameron Nicole Smith (@bameronkaii) July 3, 2019
Later on, Smith posted another tweet in which she can be seen holding up a receipt from the store – implying that she did buy the mouthwash she gargled after filming the video.
Hopefully, the truth comes out and the proper steps taken to ensure this new distasteful trend.
Don’t you agree?
Kids Who Do Chores Become More Successful Adults, Research Shows
Wondering if giving your child a few chores to take care of is good for them or robbing them of extra playtime? Worry no more! Scientists say that giving your child regular chores helps them become more successful adults and even have happier lives.
Julie Lythcott-Haims, author of How to Raise an Adult and former Dean of Freshmen at Stanford University told the Tech Insider, “By making them do chores, taking out the garbage, doing their own laundry, they realize ‘I have to do the work of life in order to be part of life,’ ” she said.
“It’s not just about me and what I need in this moment, but that I’m part of an ecosystem. I’m part of a family. I’m part of a workplace.” Lythcott-Haims added.
According to Shareably, a number of researchers and academics at a different universities, recommend that parents should have their child do household chores from as young as three years old.
Tech Insider also reveals that kids who take on chores are more likely to be independent at work when they grow up, and can recognize when coworkers are facing something challenging.
She also pointed out to Tech Insider that the independence as an adult could be tied to the fact that they don’t expect tasks that directly benefit them to be performed by anyone else.
Lythcott-Haims’ advice goes hand in hand with a 75-year Harvard Grant Study which identified two things that people need in order to be happy and successful, love and work ethic.
“If kids aren’t doing the dishes, it means someone else is doing that for them. And so they’re absolved of not only the work, but of learning that work has to be done and that each one of us must contribute for the [sake] of the whole.” Lythcott-Haims said.
So if you want your child to become happy and successful, make them do chores! And don’t feel guilty about allocating these little tasks to your little ones, its all worth it!
7-Year-Old’s Bruises Get Worse Daily, By The Time They Realize It’s Meningitis It’s Too Late To Save Her Legs
Everything was going great for Aimee and her new husband, Craig. They were loving every moment of their honeymoon which had just started, but quickly their fairy tale turned into a nightmare.
It all started when their daughter, Brogan, began to develop black and blue marks all over her body. Just 14 days after she stood beside her mom at the altar, little Brogan was left fighting for her life in a hospital bed.
Initially, everyone assumed that Brogan’s bruises were simply a consequence of a child being a child. Even the physicians at a local hospital simply brushed it off for a minor skin issue.
However, when Aimee realized that the spots had spread to the other parts of Brogan’s body, she knew it was something gravely serious.
She immediately rushed to the doctors who realized the cause rapidly this time.
The 7-year-old showed clear indications of meningitis. She was then rushed to Children’s Hospital in Birmingham.
Meningococcal meningitis is a possible life-threatening illness and seeing as Brogan’s treatment started so late, there wasn’t much that doctors could do. They were forced to amputate Brogan’s left leg in order to save her life.
“It looked nothing like a rash, it looked more like bruising – at the time I never thought it was meningitis and that’s the problem. When people are aware of what symptoms to look out for with meningitis, they say look for a rash but that’s not what it looked like to me.” Aimee explained.
After the amputation, Brogan was fitted with a prosthetic leg to help her walk.
Soon after, the doctors discovered that Brogan’s other leg was also badly affected and was a threat to her life. Last year, the family and the doctors agreed to have it amputated as well.
Thank God Brogan had a strong support system in her family. “Nothing can prepare you for what meningitis does to a body, let alone a little seven-year-old girl,” Lisa Reece, Brogan’s mom’s cousin said.
Blessed with a strong and fighting spirit, she has been able to overcome all challenges life threw her way.
Brogan’s mom, Aimee, says she wants to remind other parents to be on the lookout for odd changes in their children’s bodies so that they can recognize the symptoms in time and don’t have to go through what Brogan has.
Common symptoms of meningitis:
- Sudden high fever
- Severe headache that seems different than normal
- Stiff neck
- Headache with nausea or vomiting
- Confusion or difficulty concentrating
- Sleepiness or difficulty waking
- No appetite or thirst
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin rash (sometimes, such as in meningococcal meningitis)
PS: In newborns, they often show symptoms such as: High fever, Excessive sleepiness or irritability, Poor feeding, Constant crying, Inactivity or sluggishness, Stiffness in a baby’s body and neck and a bulge in the soft spot on top of a baby’s head (fontanel)