Connect with us

Lifestyle

Child Rushed to the ER After Eating Popcorn- Parents Share Their Story To Warn Everyone

Published

on

Watching movies while eating popcorn can be a fun and interesting way of treating yourself during the weekend. But for this lovely family from Colorado, it turned out to be a nightmare of their life.

Nicole and Jake Goddard were enjoying their weekend night watching Mrs. Doubtfire when their youngest child, Nash, started chocking. His father did a Heimlich maneuver and luckily he was able to take a breath.

Kid was taken to ER - Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.

Facebook

His family believed he was chocking because of the popcorn stuck on his throat which he eventually swallowed.

“We knew he was breathing, we did not see anything come out so we assumed he’d just swallowed it,” Nicole said to Fox News.

A few hours later Nash developed problems with his breathing. His parents believed it was because their two daughters had lately been sick and he may have caught it from them.

Kid was taken to ER - Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.

Facebook

But things got worse and they didn’t realize it until they called the pediatrician who advised to take him to the ER.

After the incident, Nicole posted on her Facebook to warn other parents.

“He (Nash) had a fever, so I gave him Motrin and put him to bed. A very long night with him and then his breathing looked a little labored to me and he just didn’t feel good. I called my pediatrician immediately and said Nash needs to be seen ASAP. At 6 pm they put Nash under and performed the procedure (a Bronchoscopy).

Kid was taken to ER - Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.

Facebook

I paced and cried the entire time my little man was in surgery…He had aspirated popcorn into his lungs when he choked. The body recognized it as a foreign object and put puss pockets around it. All the inflammation caused him to develop pneumonia in his left lung.”

According to Nicole, 6 pieces of popcorn were taken out of Nasha’s lungs and due to high inflammation they had to repeat the process two days later to check if they had removed it all.

Kid was taken to ER - Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.

Facebook

She was also told that popcorn should not be given to children under five.

“I got a lecture of course on how popcorn isn’t supposed to be given to anyone under 5. I hate to use the excuse he’s our third child so I overlook and don’t pay as close attention to the do’s and don’ts as we did with our first,” she stated.

Kid was taken to ER - Parents warn others after they find out what he had eaten.

Facebook

In order to warn other parents of the risks that come with giving little kids popcorns, Nicole shared a post on her Facebook that has since been shared over 140,000 times.

In order to forewarn other parents of the risks of giving popcorn to little children, Nicole shared a post on her Facebook. It has been shared 140.000 times.

Advertisement
Click to comment