Connect with us

Featured

Little Girl, 3, Hospitalized After Eating Drug She Was Given While Trick-Or-Treating On Halloween

Published

on

Little Girl, 3, Hospitalized After Eating Drug She Was Given While Trick-Or-Treating On Halloween

A 3-year-old girl had to be rushed to hospital after she ate a drug given to her while she was trick-or-treating on Halloween.

Abbey Robe was out trick or treating with her mom, Tara, and siblings for Halloween on Thursday night in Bacchus Marsh, north-west of Melbourne, when she was unknowingly given anti-psychotic medication in her bucket of sweets.

Later at home, Abby became ill and her mother, Tara, explained to the Herald Sun that she became “wobbly on her feet” and “zonked”.

Abbey Robe was out trick or treating with her mom when she was unknowingly given anti-psychotic medication in her bucket of sweets.

Abbey Robe was out trick or treating with her mom when she was unknowingly given anti-psychotic medication in her bucket of sweets.

Tara revealed that her child told her that she had eaten something ‘yucky’. She frantically looked in the zip-lock bag in her lolly bucket and spotted medication with writing on it.

Read Also: Child Recalls the Moment She Met Her Adoptive Parents For The First Time- So Touching

According to reports, the girl is believed to have swallowed Seroquel, which is a medication for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The child allegedly found the medicine in a zip-lock bag among her sweets.

The terrified mother feared her little daughter was going to die. “I thought she was going to die.” Tara told 7News. “They were pills and I didn’t know what. It could have been nasty.” She added.

Tara called emergency services and the toddler was rushed to Sunshine Hospital. Little Abby was admitted for the night before being discharged.

Tara said she wanted the incident to be a reminder to parents to be on the look out and to check their children’s trick or treat goodies.

Victoria Police said they do not believe the incident involved malicious intent and had not received other reports of a similar nature.

Tara said she wanted the incident to be a reminder to parents to be on the look out and to check their children's trick or treat goodies.

Tara said she wanted the incident to be a reminder to parents to be on the look out and to check their children’s trick or treat goodies.

“Investigators have been told that the child may have ingested a prescription medication and are currently making inquiries as to how this happened.” Victoria Police said in a statement.

Speaking to 9 News, a witness commended the mom for the way she reacted to the incident.  “She was like a super-mum. All she was focused on was getting medical attention.” She said.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

We are glad little Abby is out of danger now and we wish her a speedy recovery.

Remember to share this article to remind parents to be extra careful with the goodies kids collected on Halloween.

Advertisement