In April, many people were left distraught when we shared the heartbreaking story of the young boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony in Minnesota’s Mall of America, as his family asked for prayers for their little boy. And indeed, there was a great out-pour of supportive messages and prayers for the family.
Now, we are overjoyed to let you know that 5 year old Landen Hoffman, continues to stun doctors with his recovery. Now, little Landen is no longer in intensive care. His family shared the incredible news with FOX9 Minneapolis revealing that Landen is now beginning “the next phase of his recovery.”
“The Lord is good, and we are thankful. We are happy to report that our son is no longer in intensive care and has been moved to an inpatient, physical rehab program at another hospital to help him continue to heal and focus on the next phase of his recovery.” the family said in the update on GoFundMe.
Things looked bad for the young boy when he was senselessly thrown from the third floor balcony of the Mall of America by a man who was simply “looking for someone to kill” on April 12. The little boy suffered severe head injuries and broken bones.
The man identified as 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda was charged with attempted murder after his arrest and in June and was sentenced to 19 years in prison.
Last month, Landen’s family revealed that the child had gone through 15 different medical procedures and surgeries due to his injuries.
The latest update, posted on Thursday, also stated that there was hard work ahead. “Our beautiful boy has endured much already, but he is strong and his spirit remains vibrant. We continue to be eternally grateful for every prayer, every act of kindness and the love this world has show[n] us throughout this journey. Thank You.” the family said.
Our thoughts and heartfelt prayers go out to this little fighter, Landen , and his whole family. God truly loves you.