Can you imagine the repercussions if your city’s waste filtering system malfunctioned? The sight would be unpleasant. Similarly, consider if the body’s waste filtering system went awry. Our kidneys, the body’s waste filtering units, play an integral role in keeping us healthy. Any harm to them results in the body filling up with toxins, which, over time, can be fatal.
In this article, we dive into the signs of toxic kidneys, shedding light on when it might be time to consult a healthcare professional.
1. Blood in your urine:
- Red or pink urine might indicate blood presence.
- Could point towards kidney toxicity or other health issues like bladder cancer, tumors, or infections.
- Consult a doctor immediately if noticed.
2. Puffy eyes and swollen feet:
- Puffiness might relate to kidney damage.
- Swelling in the ankles or feet may indicate sodium retention due to kidney malfunction.
3. Back and side pains:
- Unexplained back and side pain might hint at kidney problems.
- Consult a doctor if persistent.
- Constant tiredness might mean the kidneys aren’t filtering out toxins properly.
- Can lead to difficulties in concentrating or anemia.
5. Lack of sleep:
- Toxins in the body might lead to sleep disturbances.
- Sleep apnea is common in people with kidney issues.
6. Lack of appetite:
- Toxic kidneys can alter your sense of taste.
- Immediate consultation needed if combined with other symptoms.
7. Itchy and dry skin:
- An indication of advanced kidney disease stage.
- Resultant from the mineral imbalance caused by malfunctioning kidneys.
8. Muscle cramping:
- If occurring without any intense activity, might be due to kidney disease.
- Calcium and phosphorus imbalances in the body can cause cramps.
9. Urinating too frequently:
- More than normal urination can point towards kidney disease.
- If frequent, especially at night, consider seeking medical advice.
Did you know about toxic kidneys before this read? Drop your thoughts in the comments!